2007 Apollo Holding Corporation
Health Promotion Specialist-Business Development
This is a full time hourly professional position on the staff of the Area Agency on Aging intended to assist with developing, planning, implementing outreach, and facilitating evidence-based programs for community groups and organizations as assigned.
This position requires a relatively high degree of independent action and initiative.
- Works with Supervisor to promote the Evidence-Based programs to potential payers, including insurance companies and health care providers.
- Serves as a resource for the general public concerning health and wellness information.
- Participates in health fairs and community presentations, as assigned.
- Assists with planning and development of Evidence-Based program materials and presentations for Senior Resource Alliance Health & Wellness Programs.
- Maintains professional customer service skills to ensure good customer relations;
- Keeps Health & Wellness Program Manager informed of outreach and education requests, plans and activities, operational problems and makes recommendations for appropriate action to be taken to improve programming and resolve problems.
- Ensures that all client data is collected, and maintains accurate records of all confidential workshop participant information.
- Prepare and distribute flyers, public service announcements, press releases, and other outreach materials to increase public awareness of health and wellness activities.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance;
- Attends agency training sessions and meetings, as authorized by senior management; and,
- Maintains Master Trainer Credentials to conduct Evidence-Based Leader classes and expand program capacity, as needed.
- Coordinate and participates in health promotion outreach activities, identifying potential sites to serve seniors in low-income, minority, rural, and limited English speaking target areas of Planning and Service Area (PSA) 7.
- This position requires the employee to travel throughout the tri-county area, as directed. Cost of travel is paid by the traveler, and is reimbursed according to state travel reimbursements policies.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisory staff and senior management.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Social Services preferred
- High school diploma or GED and three years’ experience in marketing, customer services, social services; or related work; experience can substitute degree.
- Successful completion of Level II background screening required; and,
- Preferred Master Trainer in Evidence-Based Programs, A Matter of Balance (MOB), the Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP), and the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program.
- Any exceptions to the minimum requirements must be approved by the CEO.
Health Promotion specialist-business development
Specialized Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to communicate professionally, orally and in writing (preferably bi-lingual in English and Spanish);
- Ability to research topics related to programs and services for older adults, analyze data and provide written and/or oral reports as required;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Ability to maintain competence and proficiency working with applications, on-line database systems, and internet resources
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.